Friday, September 4, 2009

slip resistant


Puffy Paint. Yup, I did it and it works. Shake it, squeeze it, let it dry and then puff it out with a steaming iron. Granted it's not easy to lay the paint down evenly or neatly - it has a runny texture reminiscent of the royal icing Mom and I used to decorate gingerbread cookies with. And, as you may have surmised from the pictures at left, I wasn't very dexterous with a bag of icing either.

But it's the bottom of the foot, after all. Maybe it'll even out with wear? In fact, I've tried wearing them. Walked all around the laminate floors of the living room and kitchen with them on. It really does work. The paint makes the tread slip resistant, and in my limited trials, it doesn't chip off, crack, or discolour. So far so good. Remind me to check in with my sister-in-law in a few months to see how it fares over the longer term.

As for the Noro socks, the first one is done and the second is off to a good start. But clearly, there will be no matchy-matchiness here. And did you notice? On the first sock the lightest coloration landed right at the heel! Hmmm. Noro.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

cool! I've never tried to put treads on socks but what a great idea!

Mrs. Homesteader said...

oooh...very interesting!