Wednesday, September 9, 2009

a pair of Noro socks


Although they don't match in the sense that the colour bands fall in different spots, they're still clearly a pair. And I'm happier with them than I thought I'd be. But don't get me wrong, this may have been my first and last pair of Noro socks. I still haven't got over how many snarls and how much yarn barf I had to sort out.

The pattern is my final test knit for Tabitha, and a good pattern for Noro. The pattern on the leg forms columns of knit and purl boxes, and I opted for a plain stockinette foot in the interest of comfort. The toe is worked differently than most socks I've done before - but it fits my long toes very nicely. Quite a simple sock, but comfortable. The pattern should be published in the next few days.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They look great. I have some noro I bought for a hat, but after all the comments I'm reading about it, I'm kind of regretting buying it...

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look very toasty