Thursday, September 3, 2009

a Noro Adventure


The third pattern I'm test knitting is a sock pattern. When I saw it I thought, hmmm, perfect for that skein of Noro in my stash. I bought the Noro thinking how pretty it was; when I got it home, I thought, uh oh, what pattern?

The first sock is almost done and so far I'm underwhelmed by the whole Noro experience. But Gavin keeps carrying on about it, saying things like ... those colours are great.... that's the best yarn you've ever knit ... why don't you buy more of that ... you could make me a sweater out of that yarn. He usually doesn't say much about my knitting, so he must REALLY like it.

But I think Noro conflicts with my OCD. It makes me crazy when I get to sections of the yarn which are thick, unspun roving! You don't even want to know how much yarn barf I've sorted through. And I'm not at all sure I'm going to be okay with the second sock not matching the first.

*sigh * Guess I'll have relinquish control and let the Noro have its way.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I bought some Noro to make a hat... it will be interesting to see how it works out