Friday, September 25, 2009

Quo Vadis Mitts


Somehow or another I talked myself into casting on these mitts. I had the best intentions of starting a tree frog, but after downloading the pattern and skimming the 10 pages of instructions I was intimidated. I want a challenge, but 10 pages!

Lately I've been very attracted to stranded colourwork mitten patterns. I've been wandering through the Ravelry pattern database looking at Latvian style mittens for some alpaca that I bought at the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitter's Fair. When I saw this pattern from SpillyJane Knits, I faved it right away. And cast on hours later. It's really easy, and a great way to use up all those odds and ends!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ohhh.... I wanna make that tree frog.... don't be intimidated by Hansi's patterns though... once you get going they aren't that hard, just a little fiddly. The mitts will be lovely

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they both look fab, and I'm quite taken with all the owl designs around at the moment. I love the tree frog & sometimes you just have to try the long patterns, especially when they are so cute.