Tuesday, September 29, 2009

the first glove


The first of Gavin's gloves is finished, and the second is on the needles. Nearly at the fiddly finger bits, so maybe I'll finish it tonight. They'll do the trick, but the worsted weight wool makes the glove awkwardly bulky. If I were to do them again, I'd switch to a lighter wool, add a lining if necessary, and maybe carry a ribbed pattern across the back of the hand to improve the fit.

The second Mr Pitt's Sock is also progressing. The heel is done and I've worked the gusset decreases. Should finish in the next day or two.

And Hat Wars? I'm one of 46 of the original 139 knitters still in it. But only thanks to the slowness of Canada Post. The hat that'll knock me out of the competition has been on its way for over a week. Might be waiting in the mailbox when I get home from work tonight!

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

put some tattoos on for him !! (they look great btw)