Sunday, September 27, 2009

finished mitts


And that's the second mitt. They're drying now after a rinse in Eucalan. I'm very pleased with how they worked out. The pattern is very clear and well written and the colours are quite nice, I think. A very good use of all those little balls of different colour yarns that were piling up in my stash.

After some consideration, Gavin mentioned that I could make him some fingerless gloves. Surfing the Great Lakes often involves cold, wintery days at the shoreline. Neoprene gloves protect his hands in the icy water, but fingerless gloves would be a good accessory for when he's on the shore taking photos. Searching the Ravelry pattern database turned up Cigar gloves. Like the smoker described in the pattern info, Gavin only needs three fingers of his right hand exposed to operate his camera. What colour? What fibre? Can I buy some fabulous Alpaca and do a stranded colourwork pattern? Nope, he insists. Just plain, sheep's grey wool for him, thanks.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look fab, well done!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The mittens look great! And gavin sounds like my Dave.. just plain - nothing fancy