Tuesday, September 8, 2009

battle preparations


Along with the dossier containing the details of my first target for Hat Wars was a copy of the rules. Rule 9 sets out reasons a knitted hat may be disqualified from competition - a hat knit more than 1 stitch per inch off gauge, dropped stitches and/or a hat which significantly fails to follow the pattern. Hmmm. Better swatch to check gauge. If you'd asked me yesterday whether I knit to average gauge I'd have shaken my head. Looser than average I thought. But after swatching this morning, I was surprised to find the stitch gauge and the row gauge right on. Phew! Next? Knit a small swatch to wash and block ... just to be certain that it doesn't stretch or shrink.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

oh my goodness! I thought a hat was a hat!!