Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a second sock

Yesterday, after blogging about the tedium of weaving in ends, it occurred to me that this was another thing that sock knitting had in it's favour - very little finishing. Just two ends to weave in, at the cast on and at the bind off. It really doesn't get any easier than that.

And yesterday, when I had a few minutes at work I clicked through pictures of finished Tidal Wave Socks in the project pages of other Ravelry knitters. Just to see what kind of yarns they used and with what effect. The Tidal Wave Socks pattern is the winter KAL that I've yet to start.

Yesterday after supper I set aside my Renee Baby Blanket, in favour of casting on my second Blackberrylicious sock. And was startled as I tugged the work snug when the working yarn broke. Hey! Now what? Maybe this section of yarn was missing some twist or something? Remembering my research from yesterday, I tinked back a needle to recover a tail on the old section of yarn, and then worked a stitch with both old and new together. Works great - completely invisible. Oh, and the washed sock is much, much softer. I'm not at all sure I'll be able to give the finished socks away.

1 comment:

Susan said...

And that's exactly why I like socks! When you're done, you're really done.