Saturday, April 28, 2012

the Knitter's Frolic


These buttons followed me home from the Knitter's Frolic this morning. Jessie picks up fallen branches at her woodlot in Essex County and creates these fabulous buttons and other treasures. As well as these squarish buttons, I also picked up a handful of round twig buttons. I just love them! I wonder if the branches around here would make nearly as interesting buttons as these?!

I guess you won't be surprised to hear that some yarn followed me home too. From the Knit Café I picked up four different mini-skeins of Koigu PPPM. They're running a contest looking for grand ideas of what to do with mini skeins. I'll have to put on my thinking cap to see what I can come up with! And from Shelridge Farm I picked up 5 skeins of superwash wool in navy blue; I've signed up for a KAL of this (W)rapped pullover starting May 1st, so I'm ready to go on that.

Other than those few things, I kept my wallet in my bag. There was certainly lots of temptation but I didn't want to have to confess to overdoing when I post my update for the Surmount the Stash challenge. Looks like the yarn diet is working pretty well!


4 comments:

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Super buttons, very interesting and a lovely story

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh I wish you hadn't included a link to that shop!! Wood buttons just flew into my cart!

Anonymous said...

Cute buttons!

Oh, I have had to give up on Surmount the Stash. The stash won.

Three more skeins worked themselves in there just this weekend.

Caffeine Girl said...

I love the recycled buttons. They are really pretty.

I'm looking forward to seeing what design you come up.

If there's' anyone who stands a chance of surmounting her stash, it's you. You knit SO fast!