Monday, April 23, 2012

FO: Sylvan Star Washcloth


Last night I was in the mood to make something quick and easy. Not socks. And not anything in bulky brown wool. Okay then, a dishcloth I thought. Here's the one I chose: Sylvan Star Washcloth. Boy was that ever quick and easy; I've already made two!

For the first one (shown) I followed the pattern directions exactly. The result is 10" wide from point to point. For the second one I omitted rounds six and seven, to finish with a cloth that's 7" wide from point to point. I think I may make a third omitting just round seven to end up sized between the other two. Then I could gift them as a set of three, right?

It's crocheted from some dishcloth cotton in my stash. A couple of years ago at the tent sale at the Spinrite factory outlet I came across bags of unlabelled natural dishcloth cotton for really cheap and I went a bit overboard. Okay, okay ... a lot overboard. As a result knitting or crocheting dishcloths is a really good idea if I want to work through my stash. Three Sylvan Star dishcloths are a good start.

6 comments:

Faith (the Vampire Slayer) said...

Those are pretty enough to make me interested in taking up crochet -- and I don't say that often! ;)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very pretty - made larger, that would make a nice baby blanket - maybe with alternating stripes.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

It's a great pattern! And definitely a good use of your Spinrite yarn stash :).

Anonymous said...

Pretty. They will make a lovely gift.

Typstatting said...

Those washcloths are great and would make a wonderful gift!

heather said...

This is cute! One of my next projects is to crochet a bunch of things for our kitchen. I'll definitely add this pattern to the list.