Sunday, July 24, 2022

Year of Projects 12: Week 4

 

The first sock is done. See how little yarn is left from that first ball of Kroy? I'm glad I added black; this would be a very short sock without the added stripes!

Most of the sock was knit with 64 st rounds, but as I lengthened the leg I increased 8 sts total to add some ease to the calf. And then to finish I used this stretchy bind off. It's stretchy enough without loose stitches or a ruffled edge.

My priority should be Sock #2, but instead I'm thinking about what to knit next. I'd really like to find that missing pair of Volturi Palace socks! It's a quiet rainy Sunday so perhaps I'll take some time to tidy and reorganize my craft drawers in search of the missing project.

If I don't find the missing socks then my next project might be Solace by Anne Fletcher with a variegated purple sock yarn. It looks like good TV knitting! Another option involves a ball of Opal Glitter Mit Silbereffectkt in their "Flash" colourway. I wonder what it would look like in alternating rows with a solid colour yarn? And I wonder if I have any solid colour leftovers in my stash that would work. At this point I'm really tempted to buy a few skeins of natural colour sock yarn for combining with multicolour leftovers. Hmmm, let me think on that.

But, of course, Sock #2 in Kroy Turquoise Stripes will be next. If I don't do it now, who knows when it will get done. Happy crafting everyone. If you'd like to join our Year of Project group, look for us here on Ravelry!

5 comments:

MaureenHD said...

The black stripes did work out great. Yeah, I always do both socks right away. Otherwise I'd have lots of single socks in my drawer and I'm not a fan of mismatched socks.

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh it's so good good to have your socks back! I love the different techniques and looks you go for. The stripy socks are lovely and yes, of course, sock 2 should be the next project, but I know the lure of the new project too well!

ceulanfibres said...

Oh yes, the second sock… nevermind, that one will be lovely to look at for a while!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful!

Breathing Life said...

My biggest problem with 2nd sock syndrom is I always forget which cast on I used on the first sock if I forget to note it down somewhere (which I usually do). I am currently finishing a 2nd sock about three weeks after finishing the first. Sigh. I guess I never learn, but if I don't do them TAAT then this is what happens.