Saturday, September 17, 2011

when I get a minute

a growing pile of mitred squares

Things have been crazy busy of late. At work we've had several large projects for financial conferences and promoting the fall TV season. And at home, I've had my hands full organizing for our big event in November. Seems like there hasn't been much time for blogging or for knitting. But when I get a minute here or there, I've been knitting squares - these mitred squares for Knit-A-Square.

We're up early this morning and will be on the road shortly for a beach clean up at the Palmwood Hotel at Lake Erie - one of many events taking place over the next ten days for the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup. The Crystal Beach area near the hotel is popular with tourists and surfers alike, so there'll be no shortage of food wrappers and drink containers to tidy up.

Crystal Beach is a couple of hours of driving away for us. Translation: a couple of hours of knitting for me. About time! Maybe I can get the last of this yarn knit up and the squares posted away by the end of the weekend. They're fun, they're easy, but they are getting a bit tedious now.

4 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

Enjoy your extra knitting time! Hope it warms up for you for your clean up day. It is feeling chilly here this morning!

Anonymous said...

Time for a switch-up after the tidy-up!

Isn't it amazing how many people little the beach. YUCK!

CrochetBlogger said...

So nice that you get some knitting time in the car!!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Have fund at Crystal Beach! I haven't been there since I worked for the newspaper in Port Colborne. Lovely area!