Thursday, September 22, 2011

slow and steady

isn't the middle of a yarn ball cool?
  • Slow and steady wins the race - Aesop
  • A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step - Confucious
  • Constant dripping hollows out a stone - Lucretius
  • Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did - Newt Gingrich
  • He conquers who endures - Persius
  • Stubbornly persist and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits - Robert Brault
  • But the moment you turn a corner you see another straight stretch ahead and there comes some further challenge to your ambition - Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
  • I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday - anonymous

Motivational quotes? I got plenty of them as I continue to plug away at these mitred squares. I think I may adopt that last one as my mantra. Because I really am closer to finishing these than I was yesterday.

2 comments:

CrochetBlogger said...

I think that last quote is definitely the perfect one to keep on going!

MagicalJane said...

YES! the middle of the yarn ball is cool. I gazed at that photo a few seconds before I saw the caption, wondering what I was looking at.

And I love the name Lucretius (Luke for short?). Thanks for sharing the inspirational vibes.