Saturday, August 20, 2011

yes, no, maybe


After playing with the mawata silk a little more, I've drawn a couple of conclusions:

• I'm going to knit it unspun. It's just so nice as is; I'm not confident that my beginner spinning skills would add anything. The great thing about unspun is that I can draft it thinner as I go towards something even and consistent. That's reassuring.

• Although I cast on a Miss Doolittle scarf, I'm ripping that out. I like the silk better in a smooth fabric like plain stockinette. Besides, I'm not at all convinced that I have enough silk to complete a full length scarf. Instead maybe Sleekits? Perhaps with a shorter cuff knitted as completed mittens and not fingerless gloves?

Nothing seems very decided, does it? Blame the silk - it's so beautiful that I desperately want to do it justice. Sleekits it is. And if I'm not happy with that, I can always rip out and rethink once more. Yes, Sleekits, at least for now.

3 comments:

Frieda said...

I think Sleekits would be perfect ! I love how the silk is knitting up , gorgeous colors . Looking forward to seeing your progress ...

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I just got mine dyed up and dried - drafting is a little tricky though!

Unknown said...

Hate when yardage limits make it hard to decide. I would love to always have enough yarn to make what I want with the yarn on hand. But, that never seems to come to pass!