Monday, August 22, 2011

more bags !?!


Seems like these Christmas bags are becoming an obsession around here, doesn't it? They are a pleasure to knit and have given me an opportunity to dig in to the motifs, borders and peeries charted in Alice Starmore's "Book of Fair Isle Knitting". And I've been receiving a lot of positive feedback online and in person; enough to make me think that these would be a good seller at a Christmas craft show.

On Saturday Knit 4 Less had their one year anniversary sale. I picked up a bag each of inky blue, bright green and snow white sport weight acrylic yarn at a very good price. Too bad there was no more red in stock. Saturday afternoon I cast on to knit a medium sized bag with a Norwegian Star motif. By Sunday afternoon the bag was complete, despite spending most of the day doing laundry, cleaning the house, cooking and quilting instead of knitting at all.

One down, dozens more to go. It's okay though, changing up the Fair Isle charts keeps it interesting. At least so far.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the socks and love the bags. Will watch for all the versions you have planned!!

Anonymous said...

That snowflake pattern is adorable.

geeky Heather said...

This is also a gorgeous bag! I can't imagine them not selling well!

Just-in said...

I love it! Can't wait to see more.

Wool Diaries said...

Love these. I can't even imagine giving them away.

Good luck with getting your baby blanket done in time.

* said...

Wow, your work is beautiful, that snowflake is amazing, I can't believe you made it so quickly. I was just scrolling down and saw the ball that you made, I'm guessing you could make something similar in crochet, I know as you said you're not sure that you would make anymore, but it looks so clever....maybe I will look it up. Look forward to seeing more of your projects.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Hmm... those would be a good way to practice fairisle.... STOP BEING SO DARN INSPIRATIONAL! I've got lots of stuff to do already!

WildflowerWool said...

I think they would be great sellers!

Tonys said...

I love it. Great way to Ora rise new techniques too.