Sunday, June 12, 2011

test marketing


I've knit my first "Spenser" cat mat and as you might expect there are a couple of things I want to change. There seem to be dozens of strategies for casting on, binding off and closing side edges in double knitting but after trying a number of these, I'm leaning towards working it with open sides and edges and then adding a single crochet border all the way around to finish it off. This sample was knit in Bernat Harmony, a textured yarn almost like a bouclé, in honey beige and ivory beige. I like the softness of it, but I'm not sure whether the cat's claws won't end up shredding it to a mess of tangles and pulls. But before I knit another sample in a smoother yarn, I tested it out on the target market. Looks like a success!

Speaking of cats, this weekend and next the Toronto Humane Society is holding an adoption blitz. If you're in the GTA and looking for a feline companion, now's the time!

And then there's this. Pepsi Canada is running an online promotion where people or organizations can submit "good ideas" that have a positive impact on our communities. You can vote for up to 10 ideas daily and there are tons of great ideas and worthy causes to support. I especially like that Pepsi's website allows you to see the projects nearest to you. All Heart Pet Rescue is currently 6th in online voting to compete for one of two $25,000 grants. Laurel at Queensborough Farm Alpacas brought this to my attention. And just look at the two border collie pups that she adopted from the shelter; how cute are they?!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Kitty looks quite pleased - and those pups are too cute!

kathy b said...

just adorable....really