Saturday, June 18, 2011

happy Jane day


Jane's presents are wrapped, ribboned and ready - lots of crafty goodness inside. The stickers were my attempt to unify the mismatched wrapping papers. Jane is definitely a fan of Mickey's so she'll appreciate the added Disney touch. Me? If I had to pick a favourite it'd be Jiminy Cricket, but I'm not so keen on Disney at all. Today's all about the birthday girl though so Mickey it is! In a few minutes I need to go shower and get ready for my day out with Jane.

The second of my herringbone rib socks is still on the needles, with a couple inches of leg and cuff still to knit. But surprisingly, I seem to have cast on a shawl. This shawl in fact. I came across it while idly browsing through the Ravelry pattern database and I was stopped dead in my tracks. Must. Knit. That.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of Disney either, but your packages look very festive.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have present wrapping to do today too - my theme is Tinkerbell!

I saw that pattern too - Love it! I think the yarn helps too - so pretty.

MagicalJane said...

I had a lovely day! Thanks so much Lynn for the great day out and all the lovely pressies! Your knitting is amazing and I can't wait to play with my beads.

Yes, Mickey rules and Jiminy Cricket sings "When you Wish Upon a Star" so I'm glad I'm rubbing off on you a little bit after all these years ;)