Sunday, June 5, 2011

a leisurely Sunday


I thought I'd be a bit further along with this sleeve when the hockey game went into overtime, but when Vancouver scored just eleven seconds into sudden death there wasn't much time to knit. Exciting! Looks like the Canucks might just do it!

My new MAC is up and running with everything installed and verified. Apple makes set up easy with their migration software but first I had to remember my Apple ID password. I have way too many passwords to keep track of so instead I use a password manager called Pastor for that. As well I had to deactivate Adobe Creative Suite software on my old MAC before reactivating it on my new MAC. I'm still pondering what to do about the music I've purchased through iTunes. Right now I'm considering deauthorizing it on the old MAC and my old iPod shuffle; otherwise I'm at my limit of five devices having authorized it as well on my new MAC, my new iPod Nano and Apple TV. All of which makes me very grateful for Gavin, my in-house IT guy.

My plan for today is to finish up my chores and then visit the garden centre with my sister. A white load is presoaking in the washing machine now, and while that soaks I'll make a bean salad to eat through the week. Dinner tonight is soup and salad. The weather has been a bit cooler the last couple of days - perfect weather for cooking up something warm, like this Lentil Soup recipe I want to try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have been busy, busy, BUSY! I am still loving that sweater color.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I was quite cool last night - so I made baked beans to warm us up!

Caffeine Girl said...

I'm glad to hear the migration was easy. My iBook is 7 years old, so I'm going to have to do that one of these days!