Wednesday, June 15, 2011

idea two


With this project I'm going back to an idea I started experimenting with several weeks ago. Back then I couldn't get what I wanted after a number of attempts so I put aside in frustration. But buoyed by my success with my Spenser Cat Mat, I'm going to give it one more try. And if it doesn't work today, well then that's that. Maybe it just won't work at all.

I made a start yesterday but ripped it all out while watching "Wipe Out" last night. The needles I was using yesterday were too big and too slippery. Now that I've switched to smaller bamboo needles I'm much happier with both the knitting and the knitted result. By the end of the hockey game tonight I'll be far enough along to see whether the chart knits up the way I'm envisioning it. It's do or die for the Canucks tonight and do or die for this idea.

No comments: