Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the push is on


There's a secret deadline for this sweater in my head: tomorrow. Why tomorrow? Because on Wednesday mornings the seniors knitting group at my local community centre meets; I know they'll be interested in the finished sweater. So the push is on.

Some people don't like the pressure that a deadline asserts, but I work better under deadlines. It keeps me focused, I guess. Add to that this wool sheds A LOT. For a while we were blaming the cat for the dust bunnies everywhere, until we looked closer. The fuzz is denim blue - definitely not cat hair. Once the sweater's finished, maybe we can live fuzz-free for a few weeks?!

The collar is finished, so what's left? Button bands, and then sleeve and side seams. Sounds like I should be able to complete that tonight. Finished or not, I can already tell that it'll look just fine with the collar and button bands in the contrast colour. Which is a huge relief because I didn't really have a backup plan for that.

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I like deadlines too - but only at work (without them I'd procrastinate too much and get fired).
You're really motoring with that sweater!zin

Anonymous said...

I think it looks great with a contrast collar.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

that looks fab, the seniors will love it!

Frieda said...

I think it will look great with the contrasting collar and button bands. Nice job !!

Caffeine Girl said...

I like writing deadlines, but hate knitting deadlines! I try to start my holiday knitting in January to make sure I'm not knitting in a panic in December!