Monday, April 18, 2011
crocheted eyelet strips
Remember when I first mentioned this crocheted eyelet strips blanket? How I celebrated the fact that each strip used up the ball of that colour almost entirely? Remember?
Turns out I spoke to soon. In almost every case I was left with not quite enough yarn to complete the joining row. Argh! The project sat it "time out" for a few weeks until I decided what to do.
Here's what I did:
I shortened the arms that criss-cross from one strip to the next in the joining row by one chain stitch. It doesn't sound like much, but it was enough to make it possible to join all but three strips.
The cream coloured strip had the least yarn leftover, so I made that the final strip on the outside edge - no joining row required! And for two other strips, I ripped out and re-crocheted tighter until I was able to squeak out enough yarn for the joins.
Voilà! A finished blanket. Despite the struggles to finish, I'm very happy now that it's done. It's just so colourful! The drape is a bit uneven, so I'm going to throw it in the wash to see if it'll soften up and even out. I just hope Nancy is as happy with it as I am!
Posted by Minding My Own Stitches at 9:14 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love scrappy colourful afghans!
Post a Comment