Tuesday, October 6, 2009

wrap and turn heel


When I reached the bottom of the leg, I discovered that the heel construction in this pattern is wrap & turn short rows instead of the usual heel flap and gusset, so I'm learning a new technique. The upside? No holes anywhere - very tight construction. The downside? The resulting heel is small and the leg pattern travels further down onto the heel than I'd like. Not entirely sure I've worked it correctly, but my heel definitely looks very much like the pattern pictures so it's not far off. Note to self - pay close attention to the row by row instructions for the heel of the second sock!

Hat Wars update: 23 knitters remain in the competition. The odds of me cracking the top 20 look pretty good.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wrap and turn, not my favorite but it is very good to know it. And you may be the winner of the hat wars.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Haven't tried wrap and turn heel.. I will definitely have to look into it

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

always good to try something new... and fingers crossed that you nake the top 20!

Frieda said...

I've never done that heel construction either. Good on you for trying a new technique ! The socks look great so far . Good luck in the hat wars ...