Sunday, October 4, 2009

Easy Eyelet socks


With my Mr. Pitt's socks done and my Vespergyle mittens frogged, I wanted something small and portable for train knitting. I've cast on these Easy Eyelet socks with stretch Bamboo sock yarn in a colourway called Mermaid. I've always loved the look of little lacy socks - maybe because they are so completely inappropriate for my giant feet. But I can't imagine they'd stay up if they were knit from a traditional merino wool sock yarn. That little bit of lycra in Dye-Version's bamboo sock yarn seems like a good idea here. It may even give the picot cuff a bit of stretch. Knitting on 2.75 mm needles makes them quick work ... more than 1/3rd of the leg knit during the first period of the hockey game. Sadly the hockey game didn't prove to be much of a distraction - Ovechkin and the Capitals skated circles around the Leafs. Shades of last season ... sigh.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

sock looks great - beautiful colour!

Frieda said...

Love the colour ! It's nice to have an easy quick knit sometimes. Looking forward to seeing the finished socks.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

what a fab colour- shame about the hockey