Tuesday, September 16, 2008

try, try again

My attempt at socks from Cottage Craft wool reminded me of Paul Bunyan - the folklore lumberjack who supposedly created the Grand Canyon by dragging his giant axe behind him. 'Cause he's the only one who'd fit these socks. They'd even be too big for my feet - and my feet are pretty huge! No choice but to rip out again and plot a new course.

For my third attempt, I've gone back to my stash for SRK On Your Toes Bamboo. And I'm hoping this'll finally work. The last couple of days have been frustrating. Gavin asked why I kept trying - pointing to my Comfy socks I knitted on my East Coast trip, he suggested I make another pair of those instead. But that's not how the Knit Along works. I'm committed to knitting the chosen pattern and learning the new skills the pattern demands. And, if you didn't know, I'm stubborn enough to keep trying.

No comments: