Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday

A Tale of Two Socks

It was the lightest of socks,
it was the heaviest of socks,

it was yarn that evoked spring,
it was a yarn that evoked winter,

it was the most delicate lacy pattern,
it was the sturdiest stockinette pattern,

- in short, one sock is so unlike the other that only superlatives will do.

Good thing Dickens isn't alive to read what I've done to his famed first paragraph for A Tale of Two Cities! Today finds me at the heel of the second sock of both these pairs. And could you ever imagine two so different socks?

Check out Tami's list for more fabulous works-in-progress!

19 comments:

kathy b said...

hysterical...love the post

Sam Findlay said...

Great socks!

pinkundine said...

Very funny :) They really are 2 very different socks! Looking good (both of them)

Anonymous said...

I love the two pairs! They are such opposites.

Wool Diaries said...

Love the socks, love the post. It made me smile. Thanks I needed that!

Frieda said...

Great post ! Love both of the socks ,you might say that they're socks for all seasons...

Affiknitty said...

Cute post! Somehow I don't think Dickens would mind!

behind the ivy said...

Haha, love that opening.
Those socks both look gorgeous. The lighter one is such a pretty colour, but the darker looks so cosy and earthy. I can't decide which one I love more!

Anonymous said...

I think Dickens would LOVE it, especially considering Madame Defarge and her knitting projects.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

LOL - nice post, even if Dickens is rolling over in his grave :)

SARITHA@RAINBOWBUNTING said...

I love this post!!Both the socks look pretty!!

Holly said...

Love the lace pattern on the socks, very pretty!

Anonymous said...

More DIckens! More Dickens!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Great post! I love the socks!

SillyLittleLady said...

Haha, clever post! Can't wait to see the finished socks :)

wrchili said...

Great post. I love the socks!

Tami Klockau said...

Love this post!!! It's brilliant and your socks look great.

autumngeisha said...

Very cool poem! Both socks are looking wonderful.