Monday, January 24, 2011

not a complete success


This ripply, cascading scarf is done, but I'll confess I'm a little disappointed with it. First, it's shorter than I'd like - just 42" inches long. If I were to do it again, I'd knit fewer stitches for more rows to yield a longer scarf. Turns out it might have been better to go with the Estelle Frill Seeker yarn. Certainly the yardage is better and the scarf would be longer. Second, there was a nasty, ratty join in the yarn about 2/3rds of the way through the ball. I don't begin to know how to deal with that in a yarn like this. Disappointing.

But it's not a total washout. If you don't know about the join, you can't see it in the finished scarf. Also, it's quite stretchy so I'm hoping to tug it a bit longer. The colours are really nice. And, it was a really whacky, fun, easy knit. Maybe I will do another, once the Frill Seeker yarn comes back in stock!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just HATE when pricey yarn has knots, joins or other wrong places? The scarf looks cute though. Congrats on the finish.

CTJen said...

It's pretty. My LYS has a bunch of this yarn. I'm going to have to give this scarf a try!

Delusional Knitter said...

It came out very nice, the colors really are lovely!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Your scarf really is pretty. Very frustrating when the scarf or wrap is not long enough.