Wednesday, October 27, 2010

working the border


For the next couple days this blanket'll be impossible to pose for a nice picture. The centre of the blanket is bunched up with the edge stitches on circs. You'll just have to take my word for it - this border is gorgeous. This pattern, Tweed Baby Blanket, is beautifully written and charted. I've already had a look; I've got enough suitable worsted weight yarn on hand to knit the entire blanket, and not just the border.

The jury's still out about my border yarn choice. The colour is right but it's lacking the intensity of the main colourway. It looks a bit dull in contrast, but maybe that's okay for a border? I just can't decide, so I'm taking Suse-the-slow-knitta's advice to keep calm and carry on. Once it's done, I can lay it out flat and have a good critical look.

Reading ahead, the border is finished with an iCord edge. That'll be a new technique for me. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: