Friday, March 26, 2010

a pretty sock photo


This morning's happy news is that my first Esther sock is finished. Without hesitation I'd say this is the prettiest sock I've ever knit. This pattern is "a show off knit" one Raveler remarked, and I couldn't agree more. There's very little stretch to the lace pattern making up most of this sock; hopefully the socks will fit my sister-in-law snugly. I'll cast on the second on my train ride to work this morning.

Today's photo was taken with my new camera. For the last several months Gavin has patiently put up with me using his point-and-shoot as if it were my own. It's worked out okay for the most part but we tend to disagree about how many pictures of knitting, yarn, flowers and plants are necessary. And we both cringe if I'm clumsy with it. A new camera of my own seemed like a good thought.

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sock looks great!
I need a new camera too. Work confiscated my old one (which was really theirs) and I'm using mom's ancient point and shoot. It does the job, but I'd really like to upgrade

Frieda said...

The sock is just gorgeous , what a wonderful colour ! It really shows off the lace pattern .

Congrats on the new camera...

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

fabulous sock, stunning colour!

Susan said...

Great pattern, I love it! And congratulations on your very own camera.