Friday, March 5, 2010

blanket beginnings


On a visit to Knit Knackers in Ottawa last year, my sister insisted that I buy this yarn. In fact, if I didn't buy it she was going to buy it for me. Why? Deep, rich, saturated blues and greens. I was shopping for yarn for baby blankets for the Warm Hands Network, and my sister feared all my choices would be dull and boring neutrals.

Turns out my sister has great taste. I'm glad she pushed me a bit out of my comfort zone. As I knit this simple blanket I'm really enjoying watching the different shades of green and blue in this yarn express themselves. And I can't help but think that a baby will find the colours just as fascinating.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful! And you know how I feel about mitering! :)

MagicalJane said...

that yarn is gorgeous!