Thursday, March 25, 2010

instead


Instead of finishing my first Esther sock, I cast on a baby hat. And, instead of working on little bunny egg cosies, I continued to work on the baby hat until I finished it this morning. The hat seemed more imperative.

A few days ago I went through my piles of patterns in anticipation of my visit with my sister-in-law this weekend. There are dozens of patterns for babies and children which I've inherited from my Mom - Elizabeth may want some of them. Amongst them was a Sirdar 3149 booklet of baby hats and bonnets - Mom knit dozens of these little hats for the labour and delivery department at her local hospital. I love knowing that her handiwork is out there warming unknown little heads in the community. Made me want to knit a hat or two myself.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I have a bad tendency to get side-tracked by other projects.. but at least baby hats are quick projects