Tuesday, December 29, 2009

spoiled


I'm one of those annoying people who is bright-eyed and bushy tailed as soon as I wake. A riser and shiner. A morning person, through and through. All of which is in sharp contrast to Gavin, who mumbles and stumbles through mornings until several cups of coffee later. So it was a big surprise this morning when, within seconds of waking up, he pulled a birthday card out from his bedside table and a present from somewhere nearby. Now that's thinking ahead and shows an alertness in the early morning hours that I hadn't expected.

My birthday gift? This knitting bag for hauling around my knitting projects. Much nicer than my usual ziploc bags, huh? Tidily tucked inside are the six pattern pages for Tart Lime Socks, the first finished sock and the second sock still on needles, as well as all my knitting bits and bobs ... stitch markers, measuring tape, stitch holders, craft scissors, crochet hooks, and so on. The actual gift wasn't a surprise; I'd emailed him a link to the etsy shop weeks ago! But I'm feeling pretty lucky and spoiled all the same.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Great bag! Happy Birthday!
Dave is one of those annoying morning people.. I am not, so it's always an interesting morning at my place

Frieda said...

Another morning person here too . Belated Happy Birthday ! What a great gift , I think he's a keeper . Coincidentally , we share a birthday , too funny !

One pair of Hands said...

Belated birthday wishes. Sounds like it was a good one. Not a morning person I'm afraid - envy those who are - you can get so much done in those early hours.