Sunday, December 6, 2009

in a holiday mood


The Christmas tree is up and decorated - including my knitted Christmas snowballs. The lights and the decorations definitely help put me in a holiday mood. But for the cat, the lights and decorations seems to pose an irresistible challenge. I purposely left the bottom branches of the tree undecorated to keep the ornaments away from her, but she's already knocked a few down.

The icicle yarn I used for the ornaments does reflect the coloured lights around them. The effect is best at very low light - but the photos turn out blurry and grainy. You'll just have to take my word for it.

And yesterday I bought yarn for the emergency Christmas sweater. I settled on Noro in shades of red, brown and burgundy. The pattern is so simple that I thought the yarn better give it some interest and drama. Nineteen days left - I'd better get a move on!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

when I lived with my parents, the bottom foot or so of the tree was always left empty becuase of the cats. Her cat Tibbi likes to climb the tree adn seems to find a perch halfway up to nap... it's a good thing he's a little cat