Thursday, December 25, 2008

lethargic knitting

It's Christmas day and I'm exhausted. But isn't that always the way? Rush, rush, rush leading up to the day, and then a few hours of excitement before exhaustion sets in. I wasn't expecting too many surprises under the tree - I already knew that Gavin and I were getting each other tires for Christmas. So it was a lovely surprise to find Vogue Knitting and Interweave Knits magazines wrapped up from Santa. Lucky me!

Yesterday I started and finished the mystery KAL. You'll just have to take my word on this, because I don't think I should post any pictures of it. The designer wants to keep this pattern under wraps because she's hoping to offer it for sale in the next few weeks. Once that happens I'll post a link and some pictures.

Today I cast on the first of a pair of Thuja socks. I'm using Shepherd Baby Wool 4 ply in periwinkle blue. It's been in my stash since my outing to Coats and Clark in October. What lovely wool for socks - soft and smooth, easy to knit. And the pattern is great - simple, with a bit of interesting detail in the seed stitch rib. They're going to be really comfortable and well fitting socks. And easy enough to knit for even a somewhat lethargic knitter.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

gorgeous colour! happy happy merry merry to you too!