Monday, December 22, 2008

a few things to finish first

Still at the starting line with the mystery KAL. As promised I've swatched and double-stranding the Bambino yarn works up perfectly to gauge. Which is surprisingly good luck. The colours are soft and muted - like sidewalk chalk. So I'm pretty pleased with it.

I've reviewed the pattern lines that I've received - and I unfortunately I seem to have Days 1, 2, 4 and 5, but nothing for Day 3. And given that the pattern is for a slipper sock, Day 3 is probably the crucially important heel. Time to dash off an email to the designer to get hold of the missing lines. The knitting may have to wait until after Christmas, because there are still a few things that need to be done before.

Just eight rows to go to finish the second sleeve for my Taiga sweater, but it too may have to wait. With Christmas just a few days away, sewing the binding on Nancy's quilt really has to take priority. Oh yeah, and laundry, and grocery shopping, and cleaning the house ...

No comments: