Tuesday, May 17, 2011

this is more like it


It's clear that Gavin likes this hat much better than the last. That he looked through the yarn to see if there was a colour he liked was a clear hint. This blue colour is too strong for him; he'd prefer something more subtle.

The pattern is Mark Thrailkill's Roll-Brim Seaman's Watch Cap; although I did alter the way the decreases are worked so that the crown flows more evenly from the ribbing. Oh, and I added a half dozen more rounds to the main part of the hat for a more generous brim. The bulky wool makes for a very thick, very warm and very sturdy hat.

Enough of this Norspun yarn remains for five or six more hats. I'm casting another on now, this time in light blue, and we'll just see how many I complete before I run out of steam. It'd be nice to have this Norspun knit up and out of my stash. And it'd also be nice to have made a good start on knitting for StreetKnit.ca

4 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome hat!

Anonymous said...

The pattern you asked about is:

Sunrise Chevron

http://www.knotions.com/issues/spring_2009/patterns/sunrise_chevron/directions.aspx

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love that blue.

One pair of Hands said...

That's a nice neat method of finishing off the crown and it looks like a nice smart cap. Just caught up on your last few posts. You've made some pretty things. I love the little fair isles caps.