Saturday, May 14, 2011

an apple today


... might not keep the doctor away, but it sure is cute. This is an adaptation of the apple pattern included in the PDF guide from the Innocent Fruit Drink company for the Big Knit 2010. Because I'm using baby yarn I worked the hat over 40 stitches on 2.5mm needles. Also, to minimize the holes in the leaf I worked the increases by knitting in the front and back of a stitch rather than as yarn overs. Otherwise, I pretty much followed the pattern as written. I can see I'm going to be knitting a few more of these.

Is it possible to knit a citrus fruit? I'm going to give that a whirl today. Hopefully it turns out a bit more interesting than a solid orange hat. We're just headed out now - first stop, a windsurfing equipment swap, and then the Photographic, Video and Digital Imaging Show. Sounds like a good way to spend a damp and chilly Saturday!