Monday, August 13, 2012

the agony of defeat


"Agony"? Not exactly. Perhaps "irritation" or "annoyance" is more apt. It's the day after the Olympic closing ceremony and my Clapotis is still not done. It's close though. I'm well into the decreases and expect that I can easily finish it today and block it tonight.

Where does the annoyance come in? Well it's obvious to me now that with a bit more effort I could have finished it well in time. I'm bored with drafting mawatas and I'm bored with knitting this pattern, and as a result I haven't given the project as much time or focus as I might have otherwise.

Still, I'm pleased that I undertook the project, and I'm happy to have finally knit through the mawatas. The finished Clapotis will have that wonderful sheen of silk and it's light as a feather. Can't wait to see it after blocking!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, they are still running video of the Olympics so really --- they aren't OVER yet.

If you hurry, you can get done before the last video clip rolls to a close.

Stefanie said...

I clicked on it to have a better look at it. The silkiness of the mawata really comes through. Altho this was such a boring, long knit for you, the end result is stunning. What luxury! When you walk by silk scarves somewhere, you'll remember this project and will be so proud of yourself!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I'm loving that clap! I need to try out this silk hankie thing sometime.

Unknown said...

It is already gorgeous! Can't wait to see it blocked. I have never made a Clap just for the very reasons of boredom. Can't imagine the monotony.

Carolina22 said...

Your Clapotis is beautiful! And I feel your knitting boredom. . . so congrats for pushing through to get it done! I'm about to finish a project and it's taking everything I have just to get. it. done and not chuck it into the UFO pile. . .

geeky Heather said...

That is a gorgeous color!! Sorry you didn't quite make it during the Olympics, but it will be done so soon.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Working with mawatas is far tougher than you think when you first get into it - I think you should be proud you even got this far - a shawl out of them is absolutely amazing!

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

It looks great. I sort of feel the same way about my socks. I probably could have finished them, but I just didn't feel like working on them last week.

Pumpkin said...

Keep on going, you can do it! Again, the payoff on this project is going to be huge! It is such an ambitious project, but so gorgeous (such an inspiration too).

RobinBrz said...

It really is beautiful, but totally understandable how it can be repetitive and tiresome after a while. You're so close though! Imagine how luxurious it will feel when you can finally wear it.
We're cheering you on - you can do it - go team go!!