Tuesday, October 4, 2011

a few more


it's beginning to look
a lot like Christmas ...

With my countdown timer in the sidebar it's impossible to ignore how quickly Christmas will be upon us ... particularly if you're planning a handmade Christmas. And with that in mind I decided to get a move on with more Christmas bags.

The first few were done in an inky blue, largely because that's one of my favourite colours, but now it's time to make some up in more traditional Christmas colours, starting with green. This first green bag features a very simple snowflake motif with a peerie bordering pattern on either side. Today? A Norwegian Star pattern. It's a bit more involved but it's worth it for the dramatic effect.

For a while I considered knitting these bags for sale at craft shows, but at my current pace I can't see getting enough versions, sizes and colours done in time. At this rate, I might be able to get this together in time for Christmas next year! No worries though, it's ideal transit knitting - simple patterns in stockinette knitted in the round. And that suits me just fine.

7 comments:

geeky Heather said...

LOVE the Norwegian Star...it really is stunning!

CrochetBlogger said...

I love making little handmade bags for Christmas. Adds the personal touch to any small gift. Beautiful patterns here.

Anonymous said...

I agree with geeky Heather --- the Norwegian Star is beautiful.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Love the star! I'm mostly a green person, but I really like the blue ones.

WildflowerWool said...

I have to agree with everyone else. LOVE the Norwegian star!

MagicalJane said...

Those are really beautiful. I like all the colours and patterns you've done.

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful!!!