Sunday, June 13, 2010

rainy day knitting


That's my pair of funky ankle socks done. Leaving a long tail and weaving it back and forth through the cast off edge went a long way to subdue its tendency to curl. They fit nicely, they're comfortable and they're practical for summer, but if I do them again I'll make the ruffled cuff longer and maybe bead the lower edge of the ruffle to weight it down.

Most of this weekend has been overcast and rainy - perfect knitting weather. With my ankle socks off the needles, I should really be turning my attention to finishing my Heartland Lace Shawl. I should, but I haven't. Somehow, a quick and mindless stashbusting project has more appeal. Maybe by Monday I'll have the energy to pick up the shawl again? In the meantime, it's dishcloths for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute socks! Congratulations on the finish!

Allison said...

Nice socks! I've been stash busting lately too and neglecting larger projects.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The socks look fantastic - and it's been a great weeknd for lazing about on the couch knitting, which of course is what I've been doing!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

awesome!!!!