Friday, June 11, 2010

finishing the cuff


Just the ruffled cuff to go until my second Medusa Cascade sock is done. There's an inch or so of rib at the ankle which helps the fit and is covered by the cuff when worn - that's what I'm working on now. As I knit I'm preoccupied with thoughts about how to block these socks. First I think a complete wash and dry, and then probably a steam blocking to help the cuff drape properly. As well, it may be that weaving in the end through the cast off edge of the cuff will help stop its tendency to roll.

There won't be much time to knit this morning, though. In a few minutes we leave for my nephew's commencement from Grade 4. Aunt Lynn and Uncle Gavin go every year to cheer him on.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Oh I wish I was nearing the end of Dave's sock - I really want to make some ruffly ankle socks for me! Yours look great!