Wednesday, May 12, 2010

too fast


Here's a better look at my first Fancy Sock. Very lacy, huh? And very quick to knit. Can you believe it - yesterday I knit the entire leg and started the heel?! That's way too fast! Now I think I'd better finish the first sock before we go, then put it aside in favour of something more challenging and involved for vacation knitting. Maybe it's time to get started on the Milo socks in my queue?

Progress on the Heartland Lace shawl has faltered. Apparently it is not possible for me to knit complicated lace patterns while watching playoff hockey. That's not to say I haven't tried, but I seem to be tinking as much as I'm knitting. Very little progress to be made that way. I'm particularly engrossed in the Pittsburgh - Montreal series. As a fan of Sidney Crosby, I'm cheering for the Pens, but Mike Cammalleri's performance has been so impressive that he really deserves to take his team into the next round. Makes for entertaining hockey!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The Nutkins were like that for me - zoom they were off the needles!

I have trouble knitting lace while watching movies I've never seen before. Normally when I knit, I throw on a movie I can half pay attention to, but when I was working on the Sea Silk shawl, Mom gave me a copy of Sherlock Holmes - boy was that a bad combination!

Frieda said...

I worked on Ishbel during the game the other night but last night's game was too intense . Ishbel is really easy lace compared to the Heartland shawl ,so not to bad to multitask . As you can imagine we're pumped that the Habs are advancing . Still pinching ourselves in case it's a dream .

I love your lace socks , very nice colour ...

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

not too fast at all if they look as good as that!