Friday, November 6, 2009

Pomatomus Redux


Now that's a happier picture! My restart of the Pomatomus sock is well underway. And I've given a lot of thought to where I went wrong the first time. Here's what I think: the pattern is so simple and intuitive that after a few rounds I went into autopilot. Then, after working the heel, I just blundered ahead without paying attention to the differences in the charted pattern for the top of the foot.

Note to self: READ AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTIONS

Only time will tell if I've learned my lesson. Hard to say, because re-knitting this sock hasn't been very onerous. It's a really enjoyable knit - just challenging enough to make it interesting. And the result is really spectacular. No wonder it's been knit by 3060 Ravelers and is in the queues of 3600 more.

2 comments:

Frieda said...

Looking good !

Susan said...

It's looking good! I've found with Cookie A's patterns that you can never go into autopilot. She's very tricky.