Thursday, November 26, 2009

handwarmers from scraps


Just the pinkie and the thumb left to do on Gavin's third glove and the finishing. With less than an hour of work left, this glove should be blocking tonight. And what a difference blocking makes! I can really see it when I compare the gloves blocked weeks ago to the work on the needles now - softer texture, smoother and more even stitches, more pliable fabric.

As well, I've started a KAL of small projects before Christmas. First is a pair of Simple Ribbed Handwarmers from the pattern by Debbie Haymark. The pattern uses sock yarn, so I thought it'd be a perfect use for some of my scraps. Between rounds of solid main colour I'm interspersing stripes of various leftovers - Regia Design Line, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Multi, Fleece Artist Merino Sock, and Noro Kureyon Sock. Depending on my work schedule, there's a chance the first handwarmer may also be done today.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

sounds like a great way to use up scraps