Saturday, August 22, 2009

wild weather


On Thursday evening the weather in Southern Ontario was wild. The day had been unbearably hot and humid - when the cold front arrived things became very unsettled. The skies darkened and clouds gathered as I drove home from work. By the time we finished supper, the skies had turned a most unhealthy shade of green. We listened to radio reports of tornados touching down at Vaughan and Durham, and reports of funnel clouds making their way through the downtown core and out at the airport. I didn't do much knitting. Instead we watched the sky, ready to bolt to the basement. Turns out, we got off easy - a dramatic thunderstorm and rain. When the storm ended the skies lightened to a beautiful golden sunset, shown at right on Gavin's webcam.

Restarting my second Glynis sock waited until Friday. But the cuff is redone (correctly, this time), the set up rows for the leg have been worked, as well as the first lace repeat. For the next several days I'm going to try to finish projects and get some of my charity projects wrapped up for shipment. Which will hopefully tidy up the living room/dining room at the same time. And then I think it's time to start thinking about Christmas knitting.

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I live in the Niagara region and the storm pretty much just skirted us.. nice sunset