Wednesday, August 26, 2009

almost at the finish line


For the last couple days I've struggled with the lace pattern on my second Glynis sock. Not sure why - I just kept going wrong. Whatever the mental block was, it has cleared now. I've knit the remainder of the leg without trouble and started the heel flap. Should be able to finish over the next few days. If it seems like I'm in a hurry, I'll admit, I am. These socks haven't really been an enjoyable knit. Hopefully when they're done, washed and blocked I'll feel more kindly towards them.

Yesterday Tabitha asked me to test knit and proofread a couple patterns. The Briggs & Little wool in my stash may be just right for the slipper socks. I can't wait to get started. But you know the rules - I have to finish the Glynis sock before starting anything new.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

you have to paraphrase Dory (from finding Nemo)& just keep knitting, just keep knitting...