Friday, May 9, 2014

Finished Object Friday

Pattern: Retro Circles Blanket by Three Beans in a Pod

Yarn: James Brett Marble DK and SRK Northern Sport

Hook Size: E (3.5 mm)

Modifications: After assembling the squares I added a simple shell border

Comments: I made this blanket to used up leftovers of James Brett Marble DK from my stash. The circles are really lovely in the variegated yarn (sorry about the poor photos but it's very overcast and grey out). When I ran out of the Marble DK, I made up the balance with solid green sport weight yarn - those circles are not nearly as lovely. But altogether it's a bright and cheery blanket using stash yarn, so I'm pleased about that.

To join my squares I used the recommended tutorial from Lucy at Attic 24 found here. It's very simple and it looks great on both sides. Nice!


Pattern: Chunky Ripple Blanket from Patons

Yarn: Bouquet Arctic Spun

Hook Size: M/N (9 mm)

Modifications: none

Comments: This yarn was donated to the Community Center. Most of the knitting that goes on there is to make baby things, so this large amount of chunky weight yarn was a challenge. Although there was enough to make a sweater, I couldn't imagine wearing a chunky weight acrylic sweater in these colours. As for the colours, they are the colours I wanted to paint my bedroom when I was eight, but I wouldn't paint a room these colours now. When I saw the ripple pattern, I thought it might be just the thing for a big comfy sofa blanket.

Happy Friday! We have a party tonight to celebrate the beginning of the SUP season, so that'll be fun. And as usual on Friday, I'll be linking up with the gang at Tami's Amis if/when Tami posts.

10 comments:

heather said...

Love the circle blanket. The colors are really lovely and bright!

Caffeine Girl said...

That is very pretty! I used to hate crochet, but the Internet is changing my mind on that.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

They both look warm and cozy - and you can never have too many afghans!

Unknown said...

Love the circles! It has an abstract quality to it, if that makes sense. Love that one square with the pop of color!

Frieda said...

Those are two very nice blankets , such bright and happy colours ! I wish crocheting wouldn't wreak such havoc with my wrists . I find it too painful , kind of takes the fun out :-(

Anonymous said...

What an interesting ripple pattern. You made good use of the yarn.

Both blankets turned out very nicely.

Anonymous said...

Love you blanket! It really looks good, I like it very much!

Stefanie said...

Amazing how you cranked out two blankets. You go.

MagicalJane said...

Wow, love the circle blanket especially. I could see it being a nice childs blanket with primary colour polka dots too.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I love both blankets! I'm sure the ripple colors will be loved by the recipient.