Tuesday, June 5, 2012

FO: Hermoine's Everyday Socks

Hermoine's Everyday Socks

Just finished! It's a charming sock pattern but oh my goodness is it boring to knit! That second sock languished on the needles for ages until I buckled down and got it done. And really, I'll confess, only because I wanted those needles to start something else.

The yarn is Regia in a Lollipop colourway. I'm not sure how I feel about it. What I have found is that some people love it and some people hate it. I worried that the pops of colour would distract from the pattern but after a few inches I knew it'd be okay. One thing I do know is that Regia wears like iron, so that's in its favour.

What's next? After reading Dee's blog post today, I think it'll be a dishcloth. This dishcloth. I love the way Dee's yarn has striped up so I think I'll make mine a stash-busting striped version to wind up with something similar. I know, I know, yesterday I said no more dishcloths for a while, but today's another day.

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Cute socks!

Anonymous said...

Those socks are adorable.

I think I could make them almost alike with some Colinette Jitterbug I have in my stash.

Have fun with the dishcloth. I love knitting that pattern.

Stefanie said...

Well, Hermione was a practical kind of gal yeah?
Your colorway reminds me of spring flowers trying to peep out from a layer of snow. I think your socks are cute.