Saturday, November 26, 2011

it starts today

Shhhh! It's a secret!

My Christmas knitting, that is, it starts today. My first project is a secret project. Many knitters out there may recognize this particular pattern but please don't tell. The intended recipient reads this blog and all the comments and I want it to be a surprise! And if you know the pattern you may be surprised that I've started it at this late date, but not to worry, I'm already almost a quarter of the way.

Also on my Christmas knitting list are the fingerless mitts I mentioned the other day. As soon as my replacement credit card arrives I'll download the pattern and get started. There was a problem with my credit card when I was in California so the old one was cancelled and now I'm waiting for new. Hopefully in the next couple of days!

Now back to my quiet weekend around the house. The first load of laundry is on the go, grocery shopping is next and then errands. With a December birthday, I'd better get my new license plate stickers this weekend as well. And then knit, knit, knit - I've got miles of stockinette to go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my school colors from jr. high school. LOL

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Good luck with your Christmas knitting- I'm about half way through mine.
I'm a December baby too - but I don't like the government's idea of a birthday present!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

you're starting now?! wow! I couldn't cope with the pressure.
Still, the recipient is going to love the *ahem~cough~ahem*

Delusional Knitter said...

Those mitts are awesome!