Saturday, March 5, 2011

the last 100 miles


The drive from Toronto to Cape Hatteras NC is 15-16 hours; when we cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to Virginia Beach, it feels like we're almost there. Almost? Well, it's another 100 miles or so and those last 100 miles seem to take forever! After 14 hours in the car we just can't wait to get there.

So it is with these socks. I'm halfway up the leg of the second sock and it feels like I should be about done. But this little knotted cable pattern is slow going so it's still likely to take longer than I think. I'm just hoping to finish tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait!

In the meantime I've pulled out yarn for my next sock project as incentive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cable pattern is awesome. I had to enlarge the photo to get a better look!

Good luck with that last 100 miles. ;-)