Friday, August 13, 2010

coming along nicely


With the sprain preventing me from bending my foot comfortably at the ankle and applying pressure on my left foot, driving to work remains impossible - our car is standard transmission! On the upside, the train rides to and from work give me lots of time to knit.

My first Leyburn sock is coming along nicely. In fact, it's knitting up so quickly that I wouldn't be surprised if the first sock is finished tonight. The pattern is almost entirely knit stitches with the lattice created from long floats in front of slipped stitches. It's simple, but very effective; another pattern that works really well with variegated yarns. Looks like it's going to be socks for everyone this Christmas!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Wow - your really motoring on that sock!
Hope you heal up quickly!

Frieda said...

I love it ! You can't beat hand knit socks for Christmas ....